Sunday, August 17, 2008

Saying goodbye in July

Well, our first 3 years in the military had been easy, until we had to start saying goodbye to some great friends. First it was the Felde family in February, the Knudsons in June, and then the Swobodas in July. It's getting quite lonely here on Brooks city base . Matt and I are being left behind... :( We're ready for a change of scenery. A new start.
Anyways, I wanted to post a little tribute to my very good buddy Kari. Being pregnant at the same time was a blast. It was fun sitting around talking about our little babies and sharing all the joys and fears that come along with carrying a child. And then once Caleb and Madison arrived we couldn't wait until they were old enough to play together-that day finally came and at about the same time Dave got orders for Iraq. I thought it was supposed to get easier and easier with every goodbye, but it hasn't been that way for me. We grew very close and I still talk to her a lot. I do hope that I get to see them again. I hope we get to see all of our military buddies again.





No comments: